Monday, August 22, 2011

Ultimate Mommy Workout

I am a lover of yoga. However, doing yoga at home doesn't quite cut it for me. I love the studio environment where you have an instructor to help you fine tune your form and peers to practice with. Being a homemaker, mother and part time from home employee, I don't have a lot of time to actually get to the studio. Lately, I've been trying to go twice a week, but for my body's and my sanity's sake, I need to work out more than that. And it's not just about making it to the studio. I have two human beings to manage and care for, errands to run, food to make and cleaning to do. I don't have a lot of extra time to work out and at this point in the summer, walking in the heat with a stroller is not that appealing.

I found this workout in a real simple magazine six, maybe nine months ago and I love it. It literally takes fifteen minutes and it is a full body work out. The only equipment you need is an exercise ball. If you want a little more muscle work than it provides, you can do the entire sequence twice, which is what I do. I have never stuck with a work out this long. It is a perfect fit for me and my fall back anytime I don't have time to go for a run or get to a class.

You can find the work out here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment